Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Holiday Giving

As I sit in my office writing out holiday cards, I am trying to write a personal note on as many cards as possible to thank them for their partnership and support of Domestic Violence Center. We work with thousands of women, men and children every year - that we would never be able to serve if it weren't for the support of the community. In these tough economic times, I admit I am a bit worried about our end of the year appeal, which we heavily rely on. I know people are strapped and spending less; and I am hoping that their giving portion can help us sustain our mission.

I especially think of the women and children in shelter at this time of year. More than half of the residents are children - who are not in their own home celebrating the holidays. That's rough. So please, if you can, support Domestic Violence Center's programs by donating online at www.domesticviolencecenter.org. Help make the holidays happy for those who need some happiness in their lives right now.

No comments: